Adaptive Web Design
The number of gadgets with the ability to access the Internet has been increasing over the years. Users use to work in the global network:
- personal computers and laptops;
- tablets and smartphones;
- TVs with Smart TV.
Adaptive design solves the problem of correctly viewing sites on all of the listed media - both stationary and mobile.Adaptive Website Features
Some websites are displayed in different ways on different displays. On a large screen, a table can consist of five columns and many descriptions; on a smartphone, it already has two columns and a grouping of descriptions. This is an example of an adaptive website that is adapted to a device. Now, designers of customer requirements create a universal image of the site, which is automatically adjusted to the used screen size.
Adaptive layout is the main tool for creating such sites. Represents the work with hypertext and cascading style sheets, which is performed by the specialists of our company.
Adaptive Design - website design taking into account the parameters of digital media (screens and displays) based on fixed layouts of different widths or "flexible" layouts.Stages of the development of the adaptive website design
The methods of designing sites for different devices are constantly changing with increasing customer requirements and device complexity. Historically, the following approaches have appeared that have contributed to the following:
Creation of an adaptive website
- Flexible design in which the website is stretched or compressed. The approach was good for monitors, but for small tablets or smartphones it was no longer suitable. The text on the site had become difficult to read, the pictures were small and illegible.
- Adaptive layout, when several fixed (in pixels) blocks are created for different devices. When connect to a smartphone, the desired image is automatically selected. Layout and responsive web design are two different things, because the first is the image, the second is the process.
- Responsive layout. A flexible approach, when the size of the layout is not snapped to pixels, but to a percentage of the display size. It has good readability on all digital media.
- Adaptive version of the website. Based on a responsive approach using innovative techniques and mobile improvements.
Responsive website design is based on the principles of media queries, a flexible layout with images and videos. This is embodied by the services of hypertext and cascading tables, and such a code will function on a smartphone and monitor. But at the same time, there are limitations on functionality that adaptive design eliminates. The essence of the latter is the movement from simple to complex - from the mobile version of the site to the stationary. To do this, other tools are added to the mentioned tools.
Adaptive design is based on responsive, but complemented by the concepts of progressive improvement and the principle of "mobile first". These techniques consist in the fact that development begins with the creation of a mobile, the simplest site, which is gradually becoming more complicated. Improvements and functional components are applied to the base.
On a large screen of a desktop computer or TV, the fully developed website will demonstrate its maximum capabilities: dynamic content, pop-ups, online consultant and more.Mobile version of the website
The adaptive version of the site in today's understanding of designers is the development for mobile devices of such a site that will work equally well on any device. You can order a mobile version of the website in our company. We apply the world's leading design techniques.
The creation of a mobile website as the basis for all gadgets was proposed several years ago. The following concepts are used:
- The "most flexible" site layout is based on a flexible mesh, but it does not stretch, but remains unchanged;
- "change of columns" - when the screen size is reduced, the columns are modified and arranged vertically, the image does not suffer;
- "Layout Movement" is a sophisticated and efficient method with several control points for different displays.
Our experts are fluent in modern techniques for creating responsive websites. Contact us and we will give advice on the matter of interest.